Who we are
Here is a list of office policies, procedures and general information to help you understand Novant Health Psychiatric Associates.
Guidelines & policies
Please bring the following to your initial visit (or fax prior to your visit):
- Your insurance card
- Copay or deductible
- All medications in their original bottles
- Completed paperwork
If you do not bring your copay or insurance card, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. Payment is due at time of check-in.
Appointments (missed, canceled or re-scheduled)
- If you are not able to keep your scheduled appointment, please call at lease 24 hours in advance to cancel. Failing to do so may result in a 6 month delay in rescheduling another appointment for your initial visit.
- If you do not show for your appointment, or call to cancel less than one business day before the appointment, you will be assessed a $25.00 no show fee which must be paid before you can reschedule your appointment.
- Attending your scheduled appointments is crucial to your care. If you miss or cancel 3 or more appointments, you may be dismissed from the practice.
Prescriptions (new & refills)
- Please allow 3 business days for most prescription refills.
- Please call 1 week in advance for refills or controlled substances, as we may need to mail these.
- If your physician is mailing the prescription to you, please allow an additional 7 business days for it to arrive.
- You may also be asked to pick up your prescription at our office.
- Please leave only one message per day as duplicate messages only lengthen the return call back time.
Forms & letters
- We understand that our patients may need forms completed or letters; however, this may not be done at your initial visit.
- Many letters may require a consent form to be completed.
- Please allow 7 business days for all forms and letters to be completed.
- A processing fee may apply and will vary depending on the type of documentation needed.
- We will call you when your paperwork is completed.
- Please allow 30 business days for medical records to be faxed per HIPPA guidelines.
- Complete a HIPPAA Release of Information form.
- A nominal fee may apply for copying and faxing medical records.
If you have an outstanding balance that is due to the Novant Centralized Billing Office or a bill due to our practice, you may be asked to reschedule or pay the amount owed before being seen by our physician. If you have questions regarding your bill, please contact our Centralized Business Office at 704-384-7840 or toll free at 866-666-1279.
If you have any comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to discuss them with us.